Counselling & Talking Therapy (L-CaP)
Counselling & Talking Therapy (L-CaP)
Face-to-Face & Online Sessions for Adult Individuals, Adult Couples & other Adult Relationships
I am a qualified practising therapist with clinics in Angel & Barnsbury Islington in North London, and Moorgate City / Chancery Lane / Holborn in the City of London. I am committed to providing coaching, counselling and psychotherapy in a safe, confidential and non-judgemental environment. I work with individuals and couples using an open-ended approach or for an agreed time period, with the aim of enabling you to enhance your lives and to live it more fully.
Conflicts within ourselves are an integral part of human life.”
– Karen Horney
I understand that seeking out therapy might be a difficult decision for some, but firmly believe that when an individual makes that step, it is because they are ready for change and growth. Using my training and knowledge, I will work with you towards a better awareness of yourself and those around you.
Nothing you say will shock me and everything you say is always confidential.
Together we will recognise and explore patterns in yourself and others, what your triggers are and where those patterns may have originated. I do not believe in immediate fixes, rather that most issues are relational problems.
It's about the relationship we have with a problem that causes us pain; it can be more about the feelings you have/how you react to a topic, person or life event that causes upset in your personal and/or professional life.
I believe that psychotherapists' and counsellors' training should be lifelong to keep up with changes in models and best practices. Some of the continued professional development (CPD) courses I have completed over the years are listed below. These were mainly held at WPF, Tavistock, Freud museum, Ana Freud Centre, British Psychological Society, British Psychanalytic Council, Institute of Psychoanalysis, Stillpoint Spaces and the LSE:
- Coaching for Social Impact and Change - BACP
- The Spirit of Psychotherapy - Professor Jeremy Holmes, Hallam Institute of Psychotherapy
- Unequal Impact – The links between Environment Racism and Climate Change - Tavistock & Portman
- Psycho-social Explorations of Trauma, Exclusion, and Violence - Association of Psychosocial Studies
- Freud's Three Paradigms of Psychosis - Dr Leon Brenner
- Psychoanalysis in Time of the Pandemic - Laurent Dupont
- Brief Dynamic Therapy: A Psychodynamic Perspective - Dr Jonathan Smith
- Addiction Pandemic? Attachment, Desire and Chemical Distractions
- The Wisdom of Trauma and Talks on Trauma series - Dr Gabor Maté
- A Matter of Death and Life - Irvin Yalom
- Thinking about Gender in Clinical Practice - Hallam Institute of Psychotherapy
- MSc Psychodynamic Psychotherapy @ University of London
- Goals in Therapy: Actualising Our Deepest Directions - Prof. Mick Cooper
- Shapes of gender identity: Three stories with impact
- Book launch: Learning from the unconscious
- Kimberlé Crenshaw’s 'Demarginalizing the Intersection of Race and Sex' 30 years anniversary - LSE
- Men, Intimacy, and Shame workshop with James Hawes
- Black men and mental health recovery: An intersectionalities approach
- Addiction as an Attachment Disorder: Attachment gone wrong
- COVID and Collective Trauma Online Conference
- BECOMING - Infant Observation Documentary Film Launch and Panel Discussion
- Finding your own voice without drowning anyone else’s
- Existential Therapies: Exploring the Rich Tapestry of Practices - Prof. Mick Cooper
- Exploring the relationship between justice and compassion
- Uncertainty: An Existential Perspective - Prof. Ernesto Spinelli
- Psychoanalysis for the People - Tavistock
- Racism: through a lens of FEAR
- Tavistock Policy Seminar: Whiteness - A problem for our time
- Wittgenstein, Lacan, and astonishment: Maria Balaska/Dany Nobus
- Working with Trauma at the Tavistock: Tradition and innovative thinking
- Understanding LGBTQ Terminology - workshop with Chloe Foster
- Trans Awareness and Inclusivity - Del Campbell
- A Day on the Third Wave - Weekend University
- In the footsteps of Bick: Continuing the legacy of infant observation
- An exploration of thinking under extreme interpersonal conditions
- A Day on the Mind-Body Connection
- Psychoanalysis and the Public Sphere: Social Fault Lines
- On Ferenczi’s ‘Clinical Diary’: Mutual Analysis, Orpha, Femininity
- On Ferenczi’s ‘Clinical Diary’: Trauma, Hypocrisy, Authority
- Trumpocalypse, with David Frum
- How Freud would have handled the Coronavirus, with Brett Kahr
- How I Found My Voice: Margaret Atwood and Samira Ahmed
- Happiness Lessons - with Prof. Laurie Santos
- Psychopathy - Personality Disorder
- You Can't Outshame Shame - Juliet Grayson and William Ayot
- Anand Giridharadas on Capitalism in the Time of Corona
- Constructivism, TA and the Corona Virus - Transactional Analysis Workshop
- Working with Grief and Loss - Workshop with Ian Wallace
- Relational Co-creative Supervision - Transactional Analysis Workshop
- Coronavirus: Considering Our Responses And Responsibilities
- How to Work with Your Clients Online
I'm interested in shame/guilt and especially interested in trauma - primary & secondary traumatic stress (vicariously through work e.g. doctors, nurses, barristers and solicitors).
– Irvin D. Yalom
Some words that might begin to describe what you feel or want from therapy:
Abandonment, Addiction, Adler, Attachment, Anxiety, Anger, Angry, Asian, Bereavement, Berne, Binge-eating disorder, Bipolar Disorder, BPD, Black, Bowlby, Brief Dynamic Therapy, Bulimia nervosa, Bullying, Bullies, Cancer, Coach, COVID, Change, Chancery Lane, Counselling, Counsellor Islington, Chemotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Complex, Counselling, Moorgate City, CBT, Depression, Disabilities, Dissociative, Divorce, Domestic violence, Eating disorders, Emotional abuse, Existential, Farringdon, Fat, Family issues, Feeling sad, Financial, Freud, Gaslighting, Gay, Grief, Gow, Growth, Guilt, Guilty, Holborn, Heterosexual, Healing, Historical, HIV/AIDS, Holborn, Homophobia, Humanistic, Islington, Jung, Klien, Klein, Loneliness, Low self-confidence, Low self-esteem, Mental Health, Mindfulness, Miscarriage, Palliative, Paranoia, Passive-aggressive behaviour, Past, Personality disorders, Physical abuse, Psychotherapy, Porn, Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Postnatal Depression, Psychosis, Prejudice, Redundancy, Psychodynamic therapy, psychotherapy, Race, Racism, Radiotherapy, Relationship problems, Rogers, Sadness, Self-harm, Separation, Short-term, Sex problems, Sexual abuse, Sexuality, Sex and Love Addiction (S.L.A.), Situational problems and issues, Sleep, Straight, Stress, Sucidal ideation, Intent, Suicidal thoughts, Survivor, Therapy, Trans, Transphobia, Psychotherapy Chancery Lane, Transactional Analysis, Trigger, Triggered, Triggering, Victim, Vicarious Taruma, Work-related stress. Islington, Angel, Holborn, Chancery Lane, Four Courts, Grays Inn, Farringdon.
If these words above resonate with you in such a way that you feel you might need to process a life event that is past or present; or simply that something has been bothering you, then do get in touch.
If you feel like you need to speak to somebody then you are probably ready for therapy. Send an email through this website or call/text on the number provided and I’ll get back to you ASAP.
Currently offering zoom and face-to-face talking therapy, counselling, counsellor and psychotherapy services in Angel N1, Islington, EC1V, Moorgate, City of London, St Pauls, Grays Inn, WC2, EC4, Chancery Lane, Holborn WC1 and WC1V.
Islington Counselling Therapy Room: